I'm happy to announce Slashgeo will be a proud media partner of the 'Geomatics' event in Montreal, to take place on October 3 and 4. We've been a media partner of the 'Geomatics' event and I have personally missed it only once since year (I missed it because I was at the FOSS4G conference!).
The recurring Geomatique 20XY event in Montreal is the conference to attend in the Quebec province. It attracts about 700 participants. While most of the presentations are done in French, mostly everybody attending speaks English (Montreal is in North America after all ;-). From their main page: "Geomatics is:
- The most important event in Quebec’s geomatics industry, gathering close to 700 participants;
- Dynamic speakers who will present their accomplishments and discoveries in the field of geomatics;
- A vast commercial exhibition featuring over 40 exhibitors including key actors in the fields of equipment,
- software and services;
- A showcase of new technologies;
- Two conference lunches featuring prestigious speakers;
- And a networking event that is always highly awaited!"
I'll be on-site myself, and will give a presentation related to my real day job, the official worldwide weather and radar layers available in WMS and KML for free.